} .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; }

Thursday, 28 February 2008

 

Spring is almost here!


This week I feel Spring coming along---saw some daffodils out in Grays Inn Field on my way to the shop today---Spring means new fruit coming, and a chance to try out new ideas! I can't wait!

In the meantime, I think I will take a shot at German Chocolate Cake, complete with my American-style flaked coconut, Pecans and proper Dulce de Leche.

I had some Red Wine Poached Pears, and ended up making a milk chocolate ganache tart with red wine poached pear and mascarpone cream. I thought dark chocolate would compete with the red wine, and thought milk was a better option, to be the mellow background to the brightness of the pear. The mascarpone softens the sharpness of the wine, and all in all, nice to eat.

-b





<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]