} .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; }

Tuesday, 4 March 2008

 

I like Muffins


I know this is an odd statement to make but I actually do. One of my favourite morning things has been a warm blueberry muffin, split and filled with salted butter--I ate those as a child every day on summers when I had to tag along to my mother's work.

But in London it's difficult to find a good muffin---every now and then I grab a 'premium one' from a supermarket, briefly warm it and slather it with butter, only to to taste the sickly sweet aftertaste of preservatives. Then I would forget after a few months how disappointing the experience was and try all over again.

We started baking muffins in the morning (wild blueberry, rhubarb crumble, and occassionally Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip). At the end of the day since everything is baked fresh, what's leftover is divvyed among the staff.

My new favourite dinner? Blueberry Muffins, with salted butter.

I'm going to get fat.

-b





<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]